No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Lufthansa and Austrian stop flying to Libya

bythomwestcott
April 13, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Tom Westcott.

Tripoli, 8 April 2014:

Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines have stopped flying to Libya until further notice after a number of . . .[restrict]incidents at Tripoli International Airport.

“We have stopped all flights for the time being,” a Lufthansa spokesperson told the Libya Herald. “We are continuing to speak to the authorities and analyse the situation but we have now taken flights to Tripoli off the system.”

He added that, although Lufthansa valued what the Libyan authorities had been doing, the airline had to take into account the overall situation at the airport.

RELATED POSTS

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

“At the moment the situation is difficult, but we hope it will look different soon,” the spokesperson said.

Austrian Airlines cited incidents at the airport since 21 March as the reason for suspending flights to Tripoli indefinitely.

It was constantly evaluating the situation, the airline said, but was unable to make a final decision regarding restarting flights. “We are in close contact with responsible authorities and we will reevaluate the suspension based on conclusive findings,” the airline said.

Two missiles were fired at the airport on 21 March, causing surface damage to the runway. Although this was quickly repaired, a second incident provoked further concern about security at the airport. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Tripoli based Military Industries Organisation opens “Libyan Inventor” office
Business

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

February 20, 2026
Economy Ministry creating e-regulations website for registering companies
Business

One-Stop Shop system for company registration to be activated – again!

February 20, 2026
71 commercial vessels were received by the Julyana Free Zone Port in August
Business

Julyana Free Port meet high-level British delegation visiting Benghazi

February 20, 2026
Misrata Chamber of Commerce holds meeting with companies to discuss HoR’s new tax bill
Business

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba relaunches construction of Tripoli Gate’s Zumurrud Shopping Mall on Airport Road
Business

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

February 18, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Next Post
LIA presents its 2013 annual report to Audit Bureau

LIA presents its 2013 annual report to Audit Bureau

Kufra Tebus call for municipal elections to be postponed

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.