No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Local News

Benghazi ‘peace flag’ partially destroyed by fire

bythomwestcott
September 25, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Benghazi ‘peace flag’ partially destroyed by fire

The remains of the flag, showing fire damage (Photo: Fdaelullah Bujwary)

By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.

The remains of the flag, showing fire damage (Photo: Fdaelullah Bujwary)
The remains of the flag, showing fire damage (Photo: Fdaelullah Bujwary)

Tripoli, 24 September 2013:

A huge Benghazi peace flag has been partially destroyed by fire, in what is believed . . .[restrict]to have been a deliberate act of arson.

The flag, thought to be the largest peace flag in the world at 7,600 square metres, was due to be displayed on the International Day of Peace. The project, entitled ‘place your fingerprint’, launched by a group of civil society organisations, had an overwhelming response, with hundreds of people adding their fingerprints to the flag.

Coordinator of the Peace Festival of Benghazi, Ziad Darsi, said that only half the flag was destroyed, adding that the remnants of it were being repaired. This, he said, would signify that residents of Benghazi rejected the recent scenes of violence in the city and were intent on sending a message of peace. [/restrict]

RELATED POSTS

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

China’s Ambassador to Libya visits Benghazi on the inauguration of China’s COSCO direct shipping line to the city

Tags: arsonBenghaziInternational Day of PeaceLibyaPeace Flag

Related Posts

Libyan trade delegation participates in 5th French Arab Economic Summit 2024 in Paris, 11-12 December
Local News

Libyan trade delegation participates in 5th French Arab Economic Summit 2024 in Paris, 11-12 December

December 13, 2024
Serraj, Hafter, Saleh and Sewehli invited to mini-summit in Brazzaville in AU push on dialogue: report
Libya

Serraj, Hafter, Saleh and Sewehli invited to mini-summit in Brazzaville in AU push on dialogue: report

September 4, 2017
Libya

Egypt tells Hafter it supports his agreement with Serraj; Gatrani concurs

July 27, 2017
Local News

Armed gang attack jail in Zliten

February 21, 2016
Local News

Two women die of henna poisoning in Marj

October 24, 2015
Local News

Ghat Municipal Council looks to improve services

September 11, 2015
Next Post

Ministry of Education says no to segregation

B-boys break dance assumptions

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.