No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Most of state telecoms companies making a loss – Ministry of Telecommunications

bySami Zaptia
June 6, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Tripoli, 6 June 2013:

Speaking at the third day of MEED’s “Libya Projects 2013” conference in Tripoli yesterday, Assistant Deputy . . .[restrict]Minister of Telecommunications Atef Al Bahri said that his Ministry were working on four main issues

Firstly, they were working on a new Telecommunications law that would allow the private sector to compete in the telecoms sector.

He said that the first draft of the law had been finished in March and that it had gone to public consultation. He further added that it was in the final stages before being referred to the GNC for enacting into law.

RELATED POSTS

Italy’s Sparkle and Libya’s Al-Bawaba for Telecoms and Informatics sign international connectivity service agreement

Libya signs contract to connect to Medusa submarine cable

Secondly, he explained that his Ministry were working on the securing of national networks and thirdly on enhancing these networks.

The fourth main objective of the Telecommunications Ministry Al Bahri revealed was the restructuring of the Ministry. This will include the re-evaluation of employees and putting in place a training programme to reduce bottlenecks and bureaucracy.

Al Bahri also explained that they were developing e-services and cyber security to protect the telecoms sector.

With regards to the two mobile phone operators, Al Madar and Libyana, Al Bahri said that they are working on increasing and improving their services.

This equally applied to the dominant state internet service provider LTT, which is launching its wireless internet service (WIMAX) phase two project providing service to 100,000 new users in 100 new towns and cities.

Regarding licences to the private sector, Al Bahri said that 25 ISP, 23 VSAT and fleet tracking licences to new providers were granted.

Regarding the state dominance of the telecoms sector in Libya, Al Bahri admitted that there was “no real competition” in the sector since the eight main telecoms companies in the sector were owned by the state. [/restrict]

Tags: al-madarISPLibyanaLTTmobile phone operatorstelecommunicationsVSATWiMax

Related Posts

Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

May 22, 2026
Mellitah Oil and Gas launches its tree planting campaign at El-Feel oil field
Business

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

May 22, 2026
Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

May 22, 2026
Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports
Business

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

May 22, 2026
Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings
Business

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

May 21, 2026
Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91
Business

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

May 21, 2026
Next Post
Tripoli says security is in order for Friday’s Congo World Cup qualifier match

Tripoli says security is in order for Friday’s Congo World Cup qualifier match

Afriqiyah now using Swiftair to fly to Europe

Afriqiyah now using Swiftair to fly to Europe

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.