No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Integrity Commission hits Ghat

byMichel Cousins
January 16, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.

Tripoli, 21 December:

In its latest list banning of Libyan officials connected to the Qaddafi regime, the Integrity Commission . . .[restrict]has hit at the political establishment in the desert town of Ghat on the southern border with Algeria.

It has disbarred the head of Ghat local council, Nasr Yousif Mohamed Gheryani, as well as the council’s secretary, Abdulqadir Mohamed Abdurrasul, and its financial controller, Khair Saleh Khair Bika. Also banned are Issa Ibrahim Abdo Ibrahim, commander of the border guards at Ghat, and Almadani Abdullah Almurtada, head of Ghat’s Security Directorate.

Others disbarred in its latest ruling are:

RELATED POSTS

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

  • Faraj Abul-Qasim Shanbour, nominated for work [unspecified] abroad;
  • Saleh Ali Saleh Marghani, nominated for work abroad;
  • Ali Mohamed Al-Arbi Gheryani, nominated for work abroad;
  • Mahmoud Muhi-Eddin Mahmoud Baddi, Chairman and Director General of the Economic and Social Development Fund;
  • Mohamed Akhdar Saleh Abu-Daraa,  Chairman of the Founding Committee of Sirte’s Cleaning Services Company;
  • Salah Ali Abdullah Abu-Raqiqa, First Secretary of the Libyan embassy in Cyprus.

The commission called on the relevant authorities to provide it with proof that the eleven have been  suspended.

On 16 December, it announced that it had disbarred two other Libyan diplomats, Salim Yacub Al-Koshli, Chargé d’Affaires at the Libyan embassy in Indonesia, and Tahir Ahmed Taher Tabib, Second Secretary at the embassy in Argentina.

Just over a fortnight ago, it disbarred five other diplomats and five Libyan bankers.

The commission has been come under fire for a lack of transparency in justifying its decisions, several of which have been overturned by the courts.

Last week the Electricity Minister Ali Mohammed Muhairiq had his disbarment overturned and at the beginning of the month the Appeals Court cleared Interior Minister Ashour Shuwail. However, Abdulasalm Bashir Duabi, Zeidan’s proposed minister of higher education, lost his case against the  commission on appeal.

In a sign that it it looking at a middle way in dealing with those it says have fallen below standards of integrity, the commission has also just announced that it was partially relaxing earlier bans on a number of employees of the Foreign Ministry.

They are: Nureeddine Omar Mukgtar Beleid, Mustafa Ahmed Alam Shaban, Talal Abdul-Hamid Mansour Aqil, Abdel-Salam Ahmed Khalifa Raqiq, Mohammed Suwaie Ali Oun, Mrs. Fathia Saad Abul Qasim Al-Rabei, Juma Mohamed Sassi Rabti, Mahmoud Ahmed Saad Shibani, Ahmed Ali Najah Ali, Radwan Sharef Khalifa Suwai, Mohamed Sharef Ahmed Musa Zayed, Younis Fituri Salem Haafah and Radwan Mustafa Abel-Salam Albazouti.

The decision is said to mean that those named can be employed at the ministry but in a less senior level than they previously occupied.

  [/restrict]

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Fatwa Office condemns Benghazi violence

Cattle are coming, and they’re coming from Ireland

Cattle are coming, and they're coming from Ireland

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.