No Result
View All Result
Sunday, September 17, 2023
28 °c
Tripoli
28 ° Mon
28 ° Tue
29 ° Wed
30 ° Thu
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
 
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Qatrani condemns PC decision on handover of oil terminals to PFG’s Idris Bukhamada

byMichel Cousins
March 9, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Qatrani condemns PC decision on handover of oil terminals to PFG’s Idris Bukhamada
12
SHARES
50
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Hadi Fornaji.

Gatrani letter

Tunis, 8 March 2017:

Ali Gatrani, the boycotting member of the Presidency Council (PC) who is a close ally of Khalifa Hafter, has condemned its decision that the Ras Lanuf and Sidra oil terminals be taken over Petroleum Faciltiies Guards headed by Idris Bukhamada.

The decision had not been taken by the full PC and was therefore illegal, he said today.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The only legal person in charge of the terminals, he noted in a statement dated today and headed “The Presidential Council of The Government of National Accord”, was Brigadier Muftah Al-Magarief, selected last year by the LNA as head of the central PFG in place of Ibrahim Jadhran. The LNA was itself legally appointed by the House of Representatives (HoR) and the PC had to accept the HoR’s legitimacy, he said.

Yesterday, the HoR voted to reject all nine members of the PC, including Gatrani.

The PC appointed Bukhamada, an ally of Jadhran, as head of the PFG last month. He was ordered by it on Tuesday to take over the two terminals seized last week from LNA forces by the Benghazi Defence Brigades.

 
Tags: Ali GatraniLibya
Share5Tweet3Share1

Related Posts

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials
Libya

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials

September 15, 2023
Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna
Libya

Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna

September 15, 2023
Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort
Libya

Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort

September 14, 2023
23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort
Libya

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

September 14, 2023
More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster
Libya

More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

September 13, 2023
More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya
Libya

More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya

September 12, 2023
Next Post

HoR members attack decision to leave Dialogue

Aref Nayed condemns lack of support for LNA, accuses US and international community of helping Muslim Brotherhood

Aref Nayed condemns lack of support for LNA, accuses US and international community of helping Muslim Brotherhood

 

Advertise on LibyaHerald

Reach thousands of our site visitors daily

240 x 400px

Advertise Here
ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

    More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

    294 shares
    Share 130 Tweet 69
  • Libya hit by storm Daniel with eastern region suffering worse damage

    272 shares
    Share 123 Tweet 62
  • More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya

    190 shares
    Share 87 Tweet 43
  • 23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

    157 shares
    Share 63 Tweet 39
  • Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort

    143 shares
    Share 57 Tweet 36
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials

Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Cart
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign In with Facebook
    Sign In with Linked In
    OR

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Sign Up with Facebook
    Sign Up with Linked In
    OR

    Fill the forms bellow to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
    Are you sure want to unlock this post?
    Unlock left : 0
    Are you sure want to cancel subscription?